Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Ready or not :)

We are so excited to be here! Orientation is over and we start classes in the morning. S.I.B.I. has impressed me from the beginning. Even me, who is very skeptical by nature. I can already see God in this place through the love shown by the people here. The students all want to be here to get closer to God and to gain tools to share God's message of salvation and hope more effectively. It is obvious that the teachers all have a passion for God and for the lost. Each has served on the mission field. They are concerned not only with the knowledge that we gain here, but their aim is to guide us in our Spiritual transformations as we become more like Christ through scriptural study, prayer, meditation, self-examination, and service. They value healthy relationships and families and strive to create the best situation for each individual and family so that our relationships are strengthened and not strained by the rigorous coursework. This is going to be the hardest thing I've done in my life, but I believe the most rewarding. How can this not be God's will for me? I will be studying His word, applying it to my life, and strengthening my relationship with Him and with others. I will be doing all of this while learning knowledge and tools to help bring others to Him.

I wish I could convey my excitement, hope, joy, peace, and gratefulness through this text. Thank you so much to everyone who has helped get us this far. Please continue to pray for our family. Pray for protections from evil. Pray for wisdom and discernment. Pray for discipline and self-control. Pray for Christ-like transformations. Pray for closer relationships to our God. Pray that we will reflect His light in the world to everyone we know and meet.

Here are some things you might like to see if you've got the time:

School Calendar-http://www.sibi.cc/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=67&Itemid=167

Course Syllabi's- http://sibi.cc/student
(I am taking level 1 classes right now)
also...not listed is an optional class that I'll be taking from 7:30-8:30am everyday-Hebrew

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Jeff and Kristina,
Thanks for the great posts--especially those precious pictures!
Sorry I have not been posting, but I've been so busy lately. My dad had surgery twice this summer. The kids are getting resettled for the fall. Plans for and fund raisers for Pathstones are rolling along. I'm going back to school too. I'm just taking 6 grad. hours. I hope to finish up a certification in TESOL by the end of next summer. Hopefully this will help me a lot in working with Friendspeak and reaching out to the Hispanic community here. Maybe it will also help me get work and a salary!
You all are in my prayers. I know you'll do great in your classes. If it seems tough to go back, just think about your 51 year old friend who is trying to study again.:-)
Praise God that he has uses for new wineskins, old wineskins and wineskins in the middle.
Love you,
Karol Edwards

kt said...

Good luck to you. We'll be praying in Longview, Tx. Karen Tutt

Mr. E said...

Jeff & Kristina & Family,

This is our first visit to your blog site. We are praying for you and your family. We are members of the Alpine Church in Longview. God Bless you as you are preparing and doing great works for our LORD Jesus.

The English Family

The Morgans said...

So wonderful to hear about your first impressions at SIBI! You sound very enthused and we know you will both be excellent students! We love you guys and can't wait to hear more. Know that you are well-loved and well-prayed-for from this side of the state! :-) Hugs to each of you and especially those precious little ones!
Love in Christ,
Maggie