Wednesday, August 8, 2007

The countdown begins
















This is what Juliana looks like most of the time when she's awake now. She has decided that her fingers taste better than her thumb, and she has just about decided that her right hand is better than her left.














Noah has enjoyed the parks here in Lubbock. We went out to an event this week for national night out where the church was handing out free hot dogs to the neighborhood. Noah had a good time throwing the football with another boy his age. You can see that he's ready for Juliana to take an interest in football soon as well. She just smiles at him mostly.
















Both of our kids love books. They are both very content to sit and read for long periods. Here is a picture of the first time I read to them both at the same time. And speaking of books, we bought mine today for the first term. Looks like I'm going to be very busy. My class list looks very exciting. This term I'll be attending chapel every morning and taking Historical Christian Evidences, Old Testament History, Spiritual Disciplines, Life and Teachings of Jesus, Intro. to Ministry Studies, and Confident Preaching. Classes start on Monday.














Kristina made a cake for my birthday. It was delicious. :) I'm officially 28 now, but I don't really feel any older yet. I guess I'm waiting to turn 30 for that. We're just counting down the days until class starts. I can't believe I'm going to be a student again. I've got that nervous excited feeling all over again.

until next time,

Jeff

2 comments:

jeromey said...

happy birthday! i'm jealous of your going to school again... learning stuff that you want to learn is always fun - and it sounds like that's what you're going to be doing (at least some of it) :)

do you guys need anything? you should really post any needs on your blog for people to help out (hey - if they're reading your blog, they would probably help you out with whatever it is...)

The Morgans said...

I know this is an old post and you may not read it but I am soooo excited about your going back to school. You will be an excellent student. All the years of teaching, maturing and parenting will make you an even better student, I think. In college I couldn't stand it when I had an "older" student in my classes with me because they always blew the curve! :-) That will be you, Jeff! ha ha.
Maggie