Friday, November 7, 2008

Daddy's Day

Kristina is in San Antonio with her sisters and her mother until Monday. They meet every year for a weekend of shopping (mostly getting their Christmas shopping done) and fun. So that means I've got the kids all to myself for a few days. We've really been enjoying each other so far. I would hate to have to do things all by myself for much longer than that, but it's fun for a little while. :)


Juliana's hair is finally long enough for a pony tail. She's never liked us to put bows in her hair, but this didn't seem to bother her at all.

Noah was a big help at the library today. He enjoys doing things for others like opening and holding doors for them and pushing his sister in the stroller.

They each got to pick a book (Noah picked Juliana's too). Noah picked one about Curious George. He knew which one he wanted before we went in. Kristina read it to him a few weeks ago at the library. We went to the Curious George section and began looking through it...he seemed disappointed with each one we picked up until we got to the exact one he was looking for. He giggled and said "That's it daddy! I've been looking for that one for a week!"


Fridays are long days for the kids. Our classes don't get out until 1pm, and so the kids don't eat until about 1:30 or 2. That pushes their naps back, and then by the end of the day they're pretty worn out. This is Juliana waiting for her turn to get dressed for bed.


Noah's Great-Grandmother sent him a Halloween card with $1 in it. We told him he could pick out one thing at the dollar store that he wanted. He picked out this game called Stack Tower. We take turns adding pieces to the precarious tower, and the one with the most points (earned by getting 3 in a row vertically, horizontally, or diagonally) at the end wins. He loves it, and it's a good review of numbers as well as good practice at hand-eye coordination.

2 comments:

Kelli said...

I love it when you post pictures of the family! I love juliana's little pony tail! It's so cute.

I wanted to let you know that I have been following these two ladies blogs and they are encouraging to me to live a better life. Being here in college, sometimes I feel like I start to slip away from everything, but now that I keep up with this little bit of reading a few times a week I can feel myself starting to come back to reality a little more. They have their own family stories, but both families are very Christian oriented and if you scroll down on my blog you will see the buttons to link you to their blogs. They don't always talk about Christ, sometimes they blog like regular people, but they are easy to read, funny, and inspiring as well. If you know the Christian group Selah, the lady that writes the Bring the Rain blog is married to the singer in that group. (I think you or Kristina would know some of their songs if you look them up) Anyway, to the point I was originally making... There is a 7x7 Pray button on my blog and it will like you to the seven prayers a day for seven days. They are specific prayers you can do for your kids seven times for seven days. I thought it was neat and wanted to pass along.

Good luck for all of you this weekend. I'm sure you will survive with Noah being the big helper that he is.

Chris and Becky said...

WE CAN'T HELP BUT LAUGH. HE IS A TRUE SIMS... A GAMER. CHRIS COULDN'T STOP LAUGHTING WHEN HE SAW THAT NOAH WAS STARTING HIS OWN PERSONAL COLLECTION. GOOD JOB JEFF ON TAKING THE KIDS. IT'S AWESOME THAT KRISTINA GOT TO GET AWAY. LOVE YALL BUNCHES.