Thursday, July 12, 2007

When did we get so much stuff?

We've been packing up our things for the move and It's hard to believe how much stuff we've collected. We've had two garage sales, and have thrown a lot away, and still we have a house full. It's amazing how much less value I place on this stuff today than a year ago. Just knowing that we won't be able to take as much with us to Lubbock has forced us to make choices about what to keep, and then knowing that we'll likely be taking much less with us in the next move has made our stuff seem even less valuable. I guess I always assumed I'd just keep accumulating money and stuff as long as I lived. I kind of like this new perspective.

Our big news is that we've got a contract on our house! We are expecting it to close in early August. God is taking care of us.

As the days go by, reality is setting in. We are actually moving away from home and preparing to move even farther away. It's definitely not always easy to do what we think we're supposed to do.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What a blessing to be able to let go of "stuff!" You continue to be in my prayers.
I moved so many times when I was young. I leaned that it is hard to let go of the friends you have, but there are some wonderful frinds waiting to be discovered whom you would never know if you didn't GO!
I praise God for the faith you two have. You are blessing and encouragement to me.
May you feel God's holy presence every step of the way.
Karol Edwards

Chris and Becky said...

Hey guys I thought you did well on your pre-packing before the moving truck was loaded. I hope the un-loading goes as smooth.
We are going to miss our crazy friends. We can't wait to see how God is going to use you guys.
God bless you two and Noah and Julianna. Have fun moving in and see you in a few weeks.
Love ya!
Becky

kt said...

We are praying for a smooth transition for you and your family. You will be greatly missed at Alpine. Karen Tutt